Offices in: Chicago, Illinois and Washington, D.C.
(312) 783-9005

TN Non-Immigrant Visa for NAFTA Professionals

Your Go-To Immigration Resource

TN NAFTA Professionals

If you are a national of Canada or Mexico seeking to enter temporarily in the United States to engage in business activities as a NAFTA Professional, the TN nonimmigrant visa may be for you.
Individuals classified as Professionals are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers.

If you are a Canadian National

Canadian nationals (unlike Mexican nationals) are not required to have a visa from a Consulate to enter the United States under the TN nonimmigrant visa. Therefore, the application for admission can be processed at designated ports of entry of the United States through a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer or at pre-clearance/pre-flight inspection stations.
Upon presentation of proof of Canadian citizenship, a copy of the Notice of Approval and of the I-129 Form, payment of the inspection fee, the designated CBP officer will make the determination based on the answers to your questions as to whether you are eligible for admission under the TN nonimmigrant status.

If you are a Mexican National

Mexican Nationals require a visa to enter the United States under the TN nonimmigrant visa. The visa can be obtained either at the U.S. embassy or at a U.S. Consulate in Mexico. Upon approval of the TN visa, the Mexican national can report to a CBP officer for admission to the United States.
The TN classification is valid for a period not to exceed three years. It can be extended upon the filing by the employer of a new I-129 petition while the employee is still under status or reapply outside the United States before expiration of the visa.
For more information, please see
At Scott Global Migration Law Group, we provide solutions to your visa needs.

┬ęScott Global Migration Law Group, 2017