Offices in: Chicago, Illinois and Washington, D.C.
(312) 783-9005

EB-3 Immigrant Visa

Your Go-To Immigration Resource


Three categories of individuals may qualify under the employment-based immigration visa, third preference: (1) the skilled worker, (2) the professional, and (3) the other workers or unskilled worker.

The skilled worker

The skilled worker is an individual who will fulfill a proffered position which requires a minimum of two years of work experience or training and does not qualify as temporary or seasonal. In addition, no other worker in the United States can perform the proffered position. At a minimum, the skilled worker must have received a full-time job offer and the employer in the United States must file a Labor Certificate with the U.S. Department of Labor.

The Professional

The professional is an individual who has earned at a minimum a U.S. baccalaureate degree or its equivalent which is the normal requirement for entry into the proffered occupation as no other education and experience may be substituted for such baccalaureate degree. In addition, the professional must be a member of the profession. The U.S. employer who offers for the full-time position must show that no other worker in the United States qualifies for that position. A Labor Certification is required.

The “Other Worker” or Unskilled Worker

The “other worker” is an individual who provides unskilled labor which is not of a seasonal or temporary nature and requires less than two years of work experience or training. No other worker in the United States qualifies to perform the proffered position. A Labor Certification is also required.
For more information, please see
At Scott Global Migration Law Group, we provide solutions to your visa needs.

©Scott Global Migration Law Group, 2017