Offices in: Chicago, Illinois and Washington, D.C.
(312) 783-9005

EB-1 Immigrant Visa

Your Go-To Immigration Resource


If you have an extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or a multinational executive or manager, then a EB1 immigrant visa may be for you.


What qualifies as “Extraordinary Ability”?

The extraordinary ability must be in the field in arts, education, business, science, or athletics and must be further supported by proven national or international acclaim with substantial written material. Specifically, the individual must meet three of the ten criteria or provide supporting evidence of a one-time achievement (for example, Oscar, Olympic Medal, Pulitzer).
Examples of evidence to support three of the ten criteria are:

  • Membership in associations in the field which require outstanding achievements of their members;
  • Published material in professional or major trade publications or major media about the beneficiary;
  • Original scientific, artistic, athletic, scholarly, or business-related evidencing substantial contributions to the particular field;
  • Recognized prices or awards for excellence received at the national or international level;
  • Authored scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
  • Commercial successes in the performing arts
  • Performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
  • Work displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
  • Command of a high salary or other substantially high remuneration in relation to others in the filed
  • Significantly high remuneration in the field or command of a high salary
Are you an Outstanding Professor or Researcher?

An outstanding professor or researcher is one who has acquired proven international recognition in a specific academic field. A minimum of three-year professional experience in teaching or research in that particular field is required. The proffered position in the United States must be either a tenure track teaching or research position with a university or an institution of higher education.

Do you qualify as a multinational Manager or Executive?

You must have been employed as an executive or a manager for at least one year within the three years prior to the filing of the EB1 petition with a foreign company, which is either a subsidiary or an affiliate of the U.S. petitioning employer who must have been doing business for at least one year. The proffered position in the United States must be either executive or managerial. Additional requirements must be satisfied.
For more information, please see USCIS
At Scott Global Migration Law Group, we provide solutions to your visa needs.

©Scott Global Migration Law Group, 2017